Dr. Majd received her Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, in 2009. Upon completion of a short post-doctoral training in BME at the University of Michigan, she was appointed as a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Biomedical Engineering department at the Pennsylvania State University. Dr. Majd joined the Biomedical Engineering department at University of Houston in fall of 2015.
Awards and Honors:
Research interests in Dr. Majd’s group lie at the interface of micro/nanotechnology, biomaterials, and cellular and molecular biophysics. We are particularly interested in development of micro- and nano-scale platforms that enable:
• Studying molecular interactions on and across biological membranes
• Functional studies on membrane proteins in the context of diseases
• Efficient delivery of therapeutics across biological membranes
• Sensing molecular interactions on or near biomembranes
• Controlling cellular adhesion and growth for tissue engineering applications